Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mounting discontent

They call 'em mood swings. I used to like swings. I liked going higher, higher, higher until the structure groaned with the motion. Sometimes I would stand up.

I'm restless. I'm sure it's not because of the impending exams. For weeks I've been feeling that something's just not right. It should be August right now, just near my birthday, with Durga Puja to come soon. We should be planning the trip right now. The weather should be hot, and wet. I should be in Saket. I should be painting my room. I should have finished buying all the stuff on the list that's pinned to the board. The board should've been replaced by now. I should've let the potion spill by now. And after that, it should be summer.

I want. And I want NOW.

11 comments:

kyra said...

Mounting Discontent

I should've been in Delhi now, in Nakashi's study- playing LOTR chess with her. It should be winter now, so I can get lost in the early morning mist. Maybe I should be on the phone with Meena, discussing for the millionth time, what exactly is wrong with the world. Or at Panchsheel, singing with Megh as Suman brings us finger chips and cold coffee while the sun glares at us from outside her window. Or going for a movie with Sonali and then pretending I'm not with her coz she's such a character. *smiles*
I want to rewind my life so I can undo a lot of things.
The things I regret so much..
I feel like I'm swimming in this...sea of bitterness now, struggling to stay alive, stay happy.

We should be able to do that, you know.
Rewind our lives.

ami said...

You really think so?

kyra said...

Yes, I do.

ami said...

Somehow... I can't think of rewinding life like so ? I dunno... I'm just blabbering incoherent bits...

kyra said...

like i'm being particularly eloquent. haha

ami said...

You ARE too. You make a lot of sense, you know?

kyra said...

you do too, you know?

why don't you think rewinding life is not a good idea?

Hanedin said...

Clickety Click,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdWxf1tRmI

Somewhat apt don't you think??

Er, Rudh butts in. Chotu Motu your comments are as interesting as your...And I need to call you something. Chotu Motu just doesn't fit the bill.

ami said...

Watching the video now... And thank you :)
Yes, chotu motu DEFINITELY does not :P

ami said...

Though... It's not half bad ;)

ami said...

Yeah, apt ;)