Thursday, April 19, 2007

Launch

I’m sorry.
It’s true,
I’m bitter,
I’m angry,
But I’m sorry too.

Sorry for not seeing
A few things I could have
Sorry for being shortsighted
And cryptically following a meter.

But I’m still sorry
That I didn’t see
What I had to see
See the real that I look at,
Now wondrously.

It’s a pity,
That you suffered that way,
And yet surrounded by what
You’ve always deemed necessary,
It prevented me from probing towards
What could’ve been home to me.

--------------------------------------------------

I’m working to better it,
In whatever ways possible,
But it’s not through you
That I’ll achieve that fable.

I have to stay away,
I’ve caused enough harm
Though you called it an anchor
It was just a further crippling arm.

I hope you would never see it,
Never see the final aid
Because if you do
The earlier endeavour shall fail.

It’s a horribly vicious circle,
And it never stops spinning
You have to step outside it
To fight the dizzy feeling.

And now that you’ve been forced out,
Though you’re unaware,
I pray for your feet to steady
You’ve tottered enough here.

--------------------------------------------------

Maybe you’d still argue
That the decisions were wrong
But there can be no more questions
Because the curtain’s been drawn.

4 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Nothing personal...but surely you don't fall for the guiles of people like Samit 'prophecies' Basu aka 'the plagiarist'?

ami said...

:O
... ??
He's a plagiarist ? How ? I quite liked the two books of the trilogy... Though it's true that it's better meant for people who know Bengali, because of the frequent references to the language.
But why do you ask ? I'm quite puzzled ??

kyra said...

*fumes*

ami said...

Why exactly ? I don't know if it has to do with the post or the sudden comment from lord who ?