Saturday, April 21, 2007

Moody musing

I think for once I shall take a gamble
I think for once I shall see what follows
I think for once I’ll join the mad scramble
I think for once I shall not mind the gallows

My car shines with brilliant polish,
Carefully driven in rush hour
Through empty roads
In between reckless cars.

Mad mornings, reverberating screams
Punctured tires which I stop to glean
Careless drivers, ceaseless traffic,
Narrow alleys, busy streets.

Sometimes a sudden lull
In the afternoon heat
Rearview mirror dusty,
I wipe it clean.

Cars whiz past me,
Spraying putrid steam
I gasp, cough
And blink.

Revving my engine
To a tolerable pace
I inch steadily
Unwilling to race

Yet this pace bores at times
For a spirit like this
It stifles me fine
And one day it breaks.

Breaks free ?
Or ruptures ?
Plunging downwards
In an unceasing void ?

Or does it escalate new highs ?
Defy gravity
Defy rules
Defy signs ?

Or does the defiance bring a crash
An accident,
A shattering collapse ?
How shall I know.

No, it’s not a question.
A question seeks an answer.
It’s a debate
That seeks no resolve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you never run out of creative juice! wow, you come up with great ones nearly everyday! :) Love some of the lines in this...

ami said...

You really like most of them ?????????????? *does a fancy jig*
YAY !!!!! :D :D

Hanedin said...

I tag you.