Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What if it all is an illusion? What if everything is a figment of my imagination, a precarious card house, trembling lest a gust of wind should come and blow it all away? Maybe none of it actually does exist. Maybe its just words that I scrabble to string together to convince myself that the sequence that forms is what you meant them to form. Maybe I read too much into things; things that don't exist, things that never will exist.
I could forge ahead and pretend to see it all, to gather together strands and weave them together to form a shimmering patchwork. I could run with all my might, keeping aside all uncertainties of the dirt road. I could not bother about slipping and sliding in the mud strewn all over the path. I could pretend to be confident. And then fall flat on my face.
Something keeps telling me that it’s not only me who sees it, that you see it too, except you cover it clumsily with half hearted lies and cruel euphemisms. That you are too careful, too unsure and so unwilling to risk something important to you. That you're too used to being wary to actually jeopardize things. As for me, I'm just afraid. Maybe because you lie too often.

7 comments:

kyra said...

yay! you're back!

Confused n Baffled said...

or...it could be an illusion, and what of it.

what if life was just for the sake of an illusion? what if that was the meaning of life? to build around you what you can, and what you want. some could call it illusion, while others could call it achievement, or accomplishment.

the stature of our life would be defined by how we made our "illusions" to keep ourselves happy. what if the truth was supposed to be bare and stark-empty? until we designed ours for ourselves?

ami said...

@ Kyra

:) I've missed you :)


@ Nishant

But what if it all could be denied to you, and you could do nothing about it? Except stand helplessly and watch? What if you couldn't do a darn thing about it? What if it didn't rest on you?

Confused n Baffled said...

its my illusion. i build it. with money, with eezyboy recliners, and flatscreen tv, and what not. how can it vanish, unless i let go?

ami said...

Arrghh. I would do anything to agree. A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Maybe I'm just being cynical.

Hanedin said...

I feel stupid.

Hanedin said...

Oh!