Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Probably, what's more important than anything else is to believe.

A red phone rings
Echoing through the halls
That loneliness had taught to rest
The walls strain their ears
To listen to the disturbed silence
The sound vibrates
Across the rooms
Across the covered furniture
The rooms shall be used
The dust will fly up
The silver shine
There are guests to come.

Old blankets shall be tossed away
To make room for the new buys
Doors shall be oiled
Creaking shall cease
Floors shall shine
With newly acquired polish.

The curtains are drawn
The sunlight filters in
Air the rooms!
The musty odour gone.
Sparkling glass
And clinking china
New voices
Fill the rooms.

8 comments:

The Cat said...

i like this, you know.

ami said...

I'm glad :)

Confused n Baffled said...

whats the best is to have an evergreen reason for believing. something thats never out of date, or out of place. something thats solid.

ami said...

:) *echoes* "...solid"
It's comforting to have one such thing. Imagine how cool it is to have multiple solid things. :)
It's just reaching that part, that's tricky. And deciding what's solid.

Hanedin said...

I don't like it. I can't sleep.

ami said...

You don't like the post and you can't sleep. Right? Okay.

Hanedin said...

yes, that is what i meant. buzz, I liked the one with discovering new flavors of jam though. I like jam and i have never had home-made non-alcoholic jelly.

ami said...

My dadis used to make karomchaar jam for me every summer. I'll tell you someday.