Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Humming

Right now I see monuments
Drawn with a shaky hand

Gets sharper as it progresses
Careless whispers strengthened it

The flowers have bloomed
The marsh helped them along
The weak birds now fly
A gentle breeze promised them support

I dreamt of a song
The melody suited my words
I wrote new meanings
Into the pretty tune

The hand that shook is resting now
Against a stone that warms the fingertips
In the cold winter frost
A promising balm

The air that was smoky
Is clearer now
Someone whispered to me that I could breathe
And I'm breathing now

The monuments would just vanish
If the charcoal was invisible
The flowers wither
In the flimsy soil
The birds drop down
If the breeze fails

The words meant stars
When I meant the moon
The words nothing
Without the reading

The hand slips
There was moss on the stone
And I left the gloves
The fingers turn numb.

Would I choke in the air
That I breathe now?

2 comments:

Hanedin said...

you are beautiful you know that? you are.

ami said...

There's a very surprised look on my face abi. You suck at flirting you know that? You do.