Monday, March 19, 2007

I wonder?

Whenever you're having a conversation with others, there's usually one basic problem that keeps occuring. One we commonly term as a "misunderstanding" or a "communication gap". It usually stems from differing definitions. I say "mature", thinking of my definition for it. The other interprets it as "mature", using their definition for it. Unnecessarily confusing. But gloomily certain. It helps, i guess, if the definitions are clearly understood by all parties concerned, before any further discussion. But it isn't always possible. Which is why sometimes it is so essential to be around like-minded people. But that discourages growth, after a certain point. Oh well.

3 comments:

Hanedin said...

blubber-head.
Why?
No particular reason, you have been tagged now, you have to write a limerick..go read my blog and cry/laugh if you want to...

kyra said...

oh i face this all the time. sometimes i wonder if something's seriously wrong with me coz i'm misunderstood so often. even though i have made very close friends in college, i feel that our differences can be very irksome, and that none of us really understand each other perfectly. and there are days when i just long to have like-minded people around me.
i miss my school friends terribly.

ami said...

@ Hanedin
Yeah yeah yeah :) And I laughed. And I learnt. Thanks :)

@ Kyra
We usually find like minded people at some point in our lives. The fortunate ones do, that is. I found a couple in school. I found a lot more in college. And I like your posts. Very much. Hang in there. Love :)