Sunday, March 04, 2007

Chin up.

You have no idea what makes me happy. I like sitting in the sun. I like it when little kids drop nayantara blossoms onto my lap. I like listening to the parched earth hungrily sucking in the rain. And then the fragrance of the newly wet earth. I like it when something reminds me of a long forgotten incident. I like dancing in the aangan of my ancestral house in Calcutta as my old grandmothers look on, laughing. I like seeing them laugh. I like it when i accidentally catch a telecast of Burning Train on tv. I like the smell of freshly shampooed hair. I like it when Koshi bakes for me. I like it when Nisha jumps on my stomach to wake me up at obscene hours of the morning, however cranky i act about it. I like it when people do sudden acts of kindness entirely on their own. I like the taste of clear water after drinking Calcutta's drinking water. I like coming back home after staying away, even if it was for a day. I like the way Baba wakes me up, every morning. I like the way Anu's eyes light up when she sees me coming back from college. I like it when Siddharth comes running from far and catches me by the waist. I like laughing hysterically over something that only we can understand. I like the sun finally gracing us with it's presence after months of winter. I like cutting my nails. I like exhaling air that looks like smoke in winter and the way Pari says, "Your stomach's on fire, that's why !!" I like playing Scrabble. I like re-reading my Tintins. I like it when two of my favourite cousins land up unexpectedly and hijack me. I like listening to "Dekha jo tujhe yaar dil mein baji guitar." I like to see the yellow sun. It reminds me of what ma once told me about it. I like it when Dada remembers to bring the imli toffees they give you in planes, everytime when he's back. I like it when Parth calls me his shining star, however embarassing it is. I like dancing to Secret by Maroon 5 when I'm alone. I think Bikimax can cheer me up almost anytime. There is obviously more. But you don't deserve to know about them. Not anymore.

No comments: